• My name is Tamrit Howell, and I work for the Bristol Bay Native Corporation as their Human Resources Coordinator. I am completing my BA in history with a minor in business. I am Alaskan Native and Asian Indian, and I was born in Alaska and grew up in Anchorage and Dillingham. I moved to St. Cloud Minnesota in 2010 to complete high school and shortly after graduating I returned home. In my opinion, Alaska is one of those states that you always return to after leaving. My husband and I have four daughters and one dog – our home is a happy crazy house. A few things about me, I’m a true crime junkie, a fan of the Spice Girls, and my favorite color is black. I enjoy taking art classes because they provide me a joyous balance amongst the rest of my course load. I am very excited to get started and I look forward to meeting everyone.

  • This is one of my favorite works of art, The Abduction of Prosepina by Gian Lorenzo Bernini. 

  • My relationship to art began in high school, I was taking a theology class and found an interest in gothic architecture and the motifs and murals that were portrayed on the inside of these grand cathedrals. I then began to take drawing and painting classes and I enjoyed learning about new mediums and how they can be used. I rather enjoy art history as well as visiting museums, going to art shows, and exploring gothic cathedrals wherever I travel. I struggle to enjoy modern art. My favorite time of art is the Baroque period. I continue to do artwork in my leisure time, the mediums I am most comfortable with are charcoal, watercolor, and pencil. 

  • This link from Kahn Academy gives an inside view of one of my favorite architectural structures, The Pantheon. 


Comments

  1. What a nice, new blog. I can't wait to read more about your world going forward!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you get an opportunity to travel to Rome and see Bernini's works in person. It was a truly memorable experience for me. I got a joke for you. Back in the 90's when the Spice Girls were huge, I made the claim that I had auditioned to be one of the Spice Girls - I was getting close to 40 then, and I would joke that I wanted the part of Old Spice.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts